This magical unicorn recipe for “nice cream”, courtesy of the new Dubai children’s restaurant White + The Bear, is full of strawberries, which are a fantastic source of Vitamin C and magnesium. If you can find the specialized moulds, want to order all the superfood powders (and not only pitaya) and have the time, then follow all directions. Or you can just make the base, scoop into a bowl and serve it up to the little ones.
Store in the freezer.
For the base
1kg of fresh strawberries, cleaned
1 cup of organic agave
3 tablespoons of pink pitaya powder
4 x ½ cup of Greek yogurt (the real stuff) in separate mixing bowls
80ml of organic agave, divided by 4
½ teaspoon of activated charcoal powder
½ teaspoon of pink pitaya powder
½ teaspoon of dunaliella salina superfood powder
Method for Base
- For the “nice cream”, place the strawberries, agave and pitaya into a blender and blend into a liquid form.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, helping it through with the back of a tablespoon. Cover and place mixture in freezer.
Method for the Garnishes
- Place one of the powders in each bowl and mix until all powder is incorporated along with 20ml of agave to slightly sweeten the yogurt.
- Spoon the black mixture into the eyelash mold, the yellow for the horn and the pink for the tiara and inner ear and plain yogurt for outer ear. Using a spatula, scrape away the excess.
- Freeze the garnishes and gently remove from mold. Store in the freezer in separate containers so the colors do not rub off on each other.
- Once the base is frozen, scrape at the icy mixture using a strong tablespoon. Once you have enough to fill the desired bowl, put some gloves on then squash and massage the icy mixture with your hands to remove the icy texture and create a smooth texture.
- Create the unicorn. Serve immediately.
NOTE: Keep this unicorn recipe sugar free by finding some sugar free sprinkles.
Photo courtesy White + The Bear