The final meal in our #5dayWeqayaChallenge is Pesto Scrambled Eggs with Crumbled Almonds. It can be made with leftover pesto from the Creamy Basil and Tomato Chicken. Pesto scrambled eggs are perfect for breakfast or lunch, gluten-free and high in protein. This simple dish can be paired with roasted sweet potatoes, mashed plantains, and other hearty sides.
- Crack three eggs into a bowl. Whisk through until thoroughly mixed.
- Put a frying pan on medium heat add a teaspoon of plant based oil or butter onto the pan.
- Add the eggs, mix continuously for around 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to take form.
- Add a tablespoon of pesto to the eggs. Mix and remove the eggs from heat.
- Crush the almonds with a nut crusher, a mortar and pestle, or simply chop them up with a butcher knife.
- Serve and enjoy!
Alexa Mena is a multidisciplinary artist and media editor for livehealthy.ae. When she's not writing for livehealthy, she's thinking about design and how it shapes the human experience.