The second Dubai Fitness Challenge – aka the Dubai 30×30 – reached its goal of attracting 1 million participants. To be precise, 1,053,102 took part. The city-wide initiative encouraged residents and visitors to exercise 30 minutes a day for 30 consecutive days between October 26 and November 26.
Some other milestones:
- Marcus Smith, founder of Innerfight Gym, ran 30 marathons – one each day – during the Dubai 30×30
- The event featured more than 8,000 exercise sessions spread across 250 locations; many of those were at five free themed fitness villages
- Celebrities who made appearances included British track legend Mo Farah and the American stars of Extreme Weight Loss, Heidi and Chis Powell
- Every school in the city participated
- 50 percent of the participants were young children
- The event collaborated with The Walt Disney Company to create a bespoke 30-minute workout for the event featuring characters and popular tracks from Disney, Marvel Studios and Disney-Pixar films
- The Dubai Fitness App will continue to serve as a touchstone for participants, helping to encourage and maintain the 30-minute level of activity.
Featured photo: DubaiFitnessChallenge.com