Jenny Morris isn’t called the Giggling Chef for nothing. The South African star of the Food Network’s Jenny & Reza’s Fabulous Food Academy, author of a new recipe book, Yumscious, owner of several restaurants in Capetown, and a cooking school, makes you feel good just with a smile and a laugh. She also trills the ‘r’ when she says words like “fresh”. Morris was in the UAE earlier this month for Taste of Abu Dhabi and to launch four DIY boxes for the local grocery delivery Kibson’s.
While you can choose from peri-peri chicken, a hearty frittata and a silky eggplant salad, it was the recipe for salmon and celeriac salad with a glorious creamy green dressing that won livehealthy.ae over. Light, bursting with flavor – and nutrients – it’s a perfect dinner. (Also if you order Kibson’s by 3pm in Dubai, they still deliver the same-day) Celeriac is super-good for you, easy to work with and readily available in local supermarkets, Morris promises.
This dish is all about minimal assembly. Once you’ve popped the Cajun salmon fillets in the oven, all that’s left to do is blitz together the herby-yogurt dressing and do a bit of chopping.
RECIPE: Salmon, apple and celeriac salad
500g Cajun salmon fillets
Juice of 1 lemon
2 green apples
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ bunch dill
1 bunch spring onions, rinsed and chopped
¾ bunch dill
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on the tray and bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put all the dressing ingredients in a blender, blitz until smooth then season.
- Peel the celeriac and apple and cut into matchsticks roughly 8cm long. Put in a bowl of iced water with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- When you’re ready to serve, drain the apple and celeriac really well and divide among four plates. Flake over the salmon, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the dill.
Featured photo: Salmon and celeriac salad, courtesy Jenny Morris/Kibson’s